Monday, February 15, 2010

Our Favorite Presidents

In honor of President's Day (and me having not one, but TWO days off this week), I decided to dedicate this post to our favorite Presidents. Needless to say, I'm feeling very patriotic and happy for the day off!

My (Jessica's) favorite president is without a doubt Abe Lincoln. Talk about a man that made a difference. I also 100% believe that Lincoln would win any fight (WWF style, UFC style, street style, etc.) that he came across. Nile may or may not disagree with this. 



"As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy. Whatever differs from this, to the extent of the difference, is no democracy."

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them."

"...I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right. But it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation should be on the Lord's side."
-Abraham Lincoln (February 1809- April 1865)

What a great man. 



Nile has selected Teddy Roosevelt as his favorite president. 

Here's why:

1. He was the youngest president at the time. 
2. He was a roughrider (basically John Wayne in real life). 

3. He created state/national parks
4. He created the food and drug administration and regulation of Food and Drugs
5. He took on Big Advertsing
6. He killed a cougar (not a hot old lady, a  REAL cougar) with only a knife one time.

7. He was a pro boxer.
8. He had a sweet mustache. (one of the last presidents to have facial hair.)
9. He was shot at point blank but survived because the bullet hit his speech. 



HAPPY PRESIDENT'S DAY!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Our Side of Paradise
Convert By NewBloggerTemplates Wordpress by Wpthemesfree