Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Big Surprise

On January 29, 2010, Nile asked me to be his one and only for the rest of our lives :)
The story: Nile picked me up from school on a Friday afternoon to head downtown to go to the Cavs vs. Pacers basketball game. While wondering around downtown, Nile said "let's go get a picture together at the circle!" He asked a lady that was collecting donations for the American Red Cross to take our picture. There are tons of people around, cars driving by, and lots of Friday afternoon hustle & bustle. As I began posing for the picture, Nile dropped to his knee and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. Fortunately, the Red Cross lady had starting snapping pictures!

Horns were honking, people were yelling 'congrats' and I couldn't stop smiling.
After calling our parents, we went directly to the Claddaugh downtown to meet some friends. There was an older couple there that insisted on buying us our first drink as an engaged couple. I told everyone we ran into that "WE JUST GOT ENGAGED" ~ needless to say, we didn't pay for anything that night. :)
We got to sit in a suite at the Cavs/Pacers game and celebrated with some great friends.
Our journey has just begun.... and off to a GREAT start :) I woke up the morning after and was SO happy to realize it wasn't a dream & I get to marry my best friend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Our Side of Paradise
Convert By NewBloggerTemplates Wordpress by Wpthemesfree